Friday, February 6, 2009

A little background music, please

Some background info about me.  Not fun, but factual!
I  have moved around quite a bit.  Born on an AFB overseas and grew up in Massena, NY.  Can you say "eh"?  Went to a state school in Syracuse where I met my husband over a rack of test tubes. Well, almost.  He was in graduate school and his lab was down the hall from mine.  He went to Philadelphia to do his post doctoral work.  We got married and had one boy.  Moved to Ohio and had two boys.  Moved to NJ (yeah!) and did not have any more boys (yeah!)  And now we live in Indiana. 
As I said I have three boys.  They are really young men now.  Alex is turning 25 and is a sweetie.  He graduated Ohio State with a poly sci degree.  He tried law school.  He didn't like it and it didn't like him.  A car accident sealed his fate there, and he came home. Oh, boy!  He works at a wine store.  Good use of his degree, but that how things are.  Bryan is 22 and lives at home (there is a common thread here). Another sweetie.  He has learning problems and is without a job for now.  I am sure that will change soon even in this economy.  Nathaniel is 19 and at Indiana University majoring in poly sci (uh oh!)  He is a man with a plan and I doubt we will have to worry much about him.  He is my punker and makes life interesting.  I have a whole family of punkers that make my home, their home.  Nathaniel also has a business making one inch buttons.  Check out decayingyouth.com for all your button needs! Oh, did I mention that he is a sweetie, too?
I have been knitting off and on for a long time.  Learned to knit when I was a girl scout.  I have gotten back into the swing of things again and haven't stopped.  I do a lot of charity knitting.  With my church, I knit sweaters for chilly children and prayer shawls for those in need.  I make blankets for Project Linus, too.  But now I am reaching out of my comfort zone and attempting new projects that I wouldn't have before.   I am addicted to socks at the moment.  I don't know how I lived without hand knitted socks before!
I guess that is probably enough info on me for ever. If I knew how to post a picture, I would. Maybe in the future!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Francie! I'm so glad you got a blog! You're in my reader now, so I'll be keeping up with you!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete