Friday, April 3, 2009

Persceptives



There are places, people and events that can shaped who you are. One happening can affect one person differently than another.

I knit in two different groups. The first group I joined is from my church. They made the Guidepost sweaters for chilly children around the world. I hadn't knitted in a long time, so this was a good group of women to get my skills up and running. They are older and in fact, I am the age of their children! And I am in my 50's. It was a small group but others would show up when they could. I felt comfortable with them eventhough I got bored making the same sweater over and over. I would try new stitches and patterns. Soon, I was teaching them new things. But that was fine. Now, we have more people coming each week. And even closer to my age! I do love these women. They have gone through life experiences during a different time than me. I have learned much from them.

I have been knitting at my other group for almost a year. The group is made up of very talented people of all ages. In fact, I am one of the older knitters. But definitately, not the most experienced. Already looking at life from a different angle. I so enjoy this group too. Never know what subject will be discussed, and they do come up with some very interesting subjects!! And usually from a younger persceptive but not necessarily different from mine. Which does comfort me. I am not as old as I sometimes think I am. Nor am I as young as I sometimes think I am.

This group has also made not afraid of my knitting skills. I don't think I would ever have tried to make socks if I didn't have these women around me. And now I am addicted to socks. I know if I ever have questions about any aspect of knitting, I know I can count on them. Who knows what I may try next!!

Now for those shoes up top. Be careful of bringing money to knitting. A couple of weeks ago, I bought some luscious red yarn from Mandie. No more money but couldn't wait to get that yarn on needles. And last night!!! OY! There was a pair of clear Chucks being tried on. Hmm, they didn't fit quite right. Ok, I'll try them. Oh, dear, they fit great. There went all my money. But am I too old for them?? Oh, no everyone replied. Hmmmm. That goes back to am I as old as I think I am or am I as young as I sometimes think I am. Time will tell. But they do show off socks!!!

Needless to say, my family thinks I am just nuts.

4 comments:

  1. Nope...never too old for Chucks! Awesome picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best picture!!!!! did you wear your new shoes to the Tuesday knitting group?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes! With different colored socks!!! I was a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those shoes are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete